Sunday, October 22, 2006

Brassware...

I've just bidden farewell to my sister Ali who has been staying with us over the weekend. One of the things she likes to do when here is to visit the local flea market. I walk past it every day, but don't often go in - it tends to be rather expensive. However, I was glad that we went in today, as I got a nice brass jug (£2) some horse brasses (£1 each) and best of all, a real old gimballed oil lamp which will be perfect for Warrior's back cabin. It doesn't show up very well in the picture - partly because it's polished up so well, which took quite a lot of effort, but it looks splendid now. I wish I'd thought to take a 'before' picture.

On Saturday we went to a jumble sale where I picked up some old shirts to start my latest project - a rag rug for Warrior. So far Ali and Jim have done all the tearing and cutting up of the rag, which I have been attaching to the canvas. It's strangely addictive and I can't wait to get back to it.

Ali came all the way from Wales to see us - what with the jumble sale, brass polishing and rag tearing, not to mention the slideshow of 160 Huddersfield-Stretton photos, I think we showed her a good time!

No comments: