Monday, July 23, 2007

Sent to Coventry

By T-Mobile. Off I went to Warrior this weekend, looking forward to blogging our trip into Coventry (well, having got as far as Atherstone, we thought we should see it through to the bitter end), only to find that T-Mobile, in its infinite wisdom, had added Blogger to its list of sites that in its opinion shouldn't be accessed by anyone under the age of 18. (Previously this had only been a problem when wanting to link to Harveys. Dangerous stuff, real ale).

Now, as you might have guessed, I am over eighteen, by quite a margin.* But prove it! said T-Mobile. How should I prove my venerability? By giving them details of my credit card (cos you have to be eighteen to get credit; you can have a debit card at sixteen). Only problem is, I haven't got, and never have had, a credit card. So I couldn't post while we were away. However, looking on the bright side, I've got lots saved up for this coming week, and I will get on the phone to T-Mobile tomorrow to be sure of being able to post from the Big One when we go to St Ives (if??)...

*OK, by a margin of 24 years, come Wednesday.

No comments: