Thursday, April 16, 2009

Grand Unioning

Can there be many more exciting emails to receive than this?

Chiswick trip:
Hi Sarah,
Are you still on line to join us on our London trip? ....
....
I have earmarked the boatman's cabin for your accommodation...
Day one - depart 10am Friday 17th from Aylesbury Basin to Berkhamsted - 12.23 miles, 29 locks.
Day two Saturday 18th - depart 10 am - Berkhamsted to Hemel Hempstead - 5.66 miles, 19 locks.
Day three Sunday 19th Hemel Hempstead to Uxbridge - depart 10 am - 15.4 miles, 23 locks.
Final day Monday 20th April - depart 10 am - Uxbridge to Paddington Basin - 19.30 miles, 1 lock


I will have to be up at five to get to Aylesbury by ten, adding that touch of authenticity. I don't know whether I'll be able to blog from Chiswick but I'll do my best. I am very excited...

1 comment:

Halfie said...

Sounds good, Sarah. Boatman's cabin as well! Perhaps that will make up for the late starts.