Monday, September 21, 2009

Holiday album 3: Soar

Here we are, the third instalment, featuring the not very greatly loved Soar Navigation, on August 7th and 8th. I think it wasn't enjoyed partly because of the tension inherent in navigating a river in flood. Looking back at the photos, there certainly seems to have been a lot of interest. I particularly fondly recall the episode when, as we approached an enormous structure spanning the waterway, Jim shouted to me on the front, 'Where's the channel?'. I indicated, round to the right - quite a sharp blind turn, as it happened. 'On the right hand side?', he tried to clarify, as we got closer and closer to the structure... then I twigged. 'No', I shouted back, 'That's not a bridge, that's the bloody weir!' No boom; no signs, and the first big weir of the Soar. That sort of tension.

No comments: