Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Reading books

I dashed out on our return from Warrior to get a copy of Canal Boat and see my review of Humphrey Household's The Thames and Severn Canal in print (p. 38). I hadn't bought one despite seeing it on sale many times in the course of the trip because I'd forgotten, until the very end, that we no longer have a subscription. Also waiting for me on my return was a new volume to review: a history of the Kennet and Avon Navigation. This is a somewhat snappier work, and I have just read it this evening. You will have to buy the mag of course to read my 150 words' worth of thoughts on it. It is rather good getting these books that I wouldn't otherwise read, but I would be even more delighted if one or two about boats and carrying, rather than navigations, came up soon.

No comments: