Wednesday, May 16, 2007

End in sight?

L-18

I have just heard from Jim that the missing sight glass, for the diesel day tank, the want of which was delaying the process of setting up the fuel system, has been found. Huzzah! And that even as I write the tank is having its various apertures cut and fittings appended in readiness for its installation. Also I hear that the cover for the engine room roof vent (we've settled on calling it the 'lid') has successfully been completed and attached, despite continuing persistent rain.

I suppose we should be grateful that it didn't rain (much) when we were doing the painting, but it's getting to be a bit of a nuisance now, when there are so many little bits and pieces to finish. Some of them aren't directly affected, but it's just depressing and demotivating. I rubbed down and started to repair the inside of the kitchen side hatches before I left, which means that they can't be left open in the rain, until they've been painted, which they can't be until the rain stops, so it's dark inside too ... oh, listen to me moaning. I'd have a lot more to complain about if I didn't have a boat in the first place! And surely the sun will come out soon ...

No comments: